Friday, April 1, 2011

I and Love and You!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Everyone was amazing  today!  Summer and I hosted our spaghetti dinner in Mt. Pleasant this evening.  And by hosted I mean that I bought lettuce, breadsticks, salad dressing and dessert making materials, then gave all of that to friends and family to deal with.  I set up a few tables then had a fabulous night seeing all of my friends.  Thank you to everyone!  Just a short list of the people that helped to make this dinner a success:  My family (just about the best people ever!), The Dyke family, my grandparents, Edde Clark, Summer's mom, Virginia and Jason, Corey, Curtis, Reese (I hope I spelled that right!)  and lots lots more.  Thank you so much to Kristen for her share in my early (and wonderful) graduation present!  I don't know what was better, the look on my face when I opened my gift or when I realized you were calling from South Africa to say hi!  Thank you to every one who came and ate all of the food!!!  I really enjoyed seeing everyone tonight and I hope I answered a few questions about my travels.

I think it is just now sinking in, what I will really be doing this summer.  I've been training and preparing my body, but my mind is slowly realizing I'M BIKING ACROSS AMERICA!  We had the pleasure of meeting one of our leaders at tonight's dinner.  And now I'm realizing that in about a month and a half we will be at orientation in Jacksonville.  Barring any thunderstorms, Summer and I are planning on riding our 65 mile trip soon!  As part of our B&B prep, we sign a contract to ride 500 miles on our bikes (outside)  before the trip, with at least one trip over 65 miles.  Michigan weather is making this one a little challenging, but we are up to the task.  We have both been out in the snow trying to get those miles in!  I know I will change my mind in a few months but right now I am so glad that I am signed up for the SOUTHERN route!  Riding past the bank signs that flash "36*F"  while wearing my knee high striped socks and four layers of shirts just isn't fun anymore :)  I know that I will look at this post in July and burst out laughing, but oh well!

1 comment:

  1. 1. ahhhhhhh Avett Brothers!!!!!!!!
    2. Pleasure! (what they say here instead of you're welcome- i like it better because it certainly was a pleasure!!)I had a very small part in your graduation present, give more thanks to your family-they are GREAT. all i had to do was a little convincing ;)
    3. calling you at your fundraising dinner was the BEST part of my day! I absolutely loved talking to everyone including your leader!
    4. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete