Sunday, January 9, 2011

Another Poem

I found this poem in my junior high band newsletter about 10 years ago (wow, I feel old now!).  I saved it and kept in in a drawer for a few years.  When I came to college I dug it out and put it on my message board where it hangs so that I see it every day.  I promise I will start having some original thoughts soon, but until I do here is this poem to tide you over.  I think it sums up a 3,700 mile cross country cycling trip pretty well.


YOU CAN EAT AN ELEPHANT
A.L. Franklin

You can eat an elephant.
Oh, yes you can it's true.
They may be huge but not to worry
they aren't too big for you.

"Just how can I eat such a thing
that's so immense in size?"
"Just look at it in pieces
and make them all bite size."

You see to look from head to tail
can be an daunting task.
Many would just give up now
and let the elephant pass.

Look at it as if you can
eat it piece by piece.
It may take you a while,
but your goal you will reach.

So, next time you have a task
that is difficult to do,
Remember, you can eat an elephant,
so take a piece and chew!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, I really really enjoy the quotes you put into your blog! This elephant one is very appropriate. Especially considering you will eat as much as an elephant this summer ;) But I do hope to see your original thoughts soon...I very much enjoy your original thoughts on a frequent basis, but others do not get this luxury, and soon I will be further away as well. Just saying...much love!

    ReplyDelete