Monday, June 6, 2011

A sad day

I'm not really sure how to begin this post. I'm taking a break from posting my days to inform you of some very sad news for the Bike and Build family. This afternoon a leader on the SC2SC route was hit and killed by a car while biking through Alabama. We were told a few hours ago in a team meeting. Everyone is taking their time to process in their own way. Our leaders offered to let us skip the build tomorrow, but I think everyone wants to go. We are bike & build and we are in a city that desperately needs our help. I don't think that I would feel right not building tomorrow. My thoughts are with SC2SC as they face the challenges ahead. 

4 comments:

  1. Sending hugs to everyone. Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our prayers are with you too! Be safe. You are all an amazing group of young people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you. thank you for what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, Thinking of all of you and Keeping you in our prayers.
    Love you! Grandpa and Grandma.

    ReplyDelete