Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Yay construction!

New Orleans build day #3

We biked to our build sites again this morning. We were given the option to go or not to go to the build site after the difficult news the night before. Most people chose to continue what they had started and jumped right back into work. After finishing the back of he house, I thought I would be done with siding... not so! We set up the scaffolding and did the side of the house. This went much smoother since we knew what we were doing and we didn't have to deal with any angles! Brettly and I sided for the most part of the  day with a break for a fast moving thunderstorm. We figures standing on a large metal structure wouldn't be prudent :) I went inside and primed all of the window sills, so that they can be properly installed and painted soon. By the time I finished that the storm had let up, so I quick finished the last strip and we took down the scaffolding. Ohhh! Random siting!  A whole bus load of people stopped by to tour our site today. They were there for a national volunteer conference and Danielle and Shauna just happened to be there! It seems so strange to run into people I know while I'm here in the south. After building, Lama, Kelsey and I set out for Walmart. It's a little sad how excited I can get about non-chocolate chip flavored cliff bars.  Just sad... We had dinner provided by a cafe/eatery in town and it was delicious. I went to bed early because I had had an late night the day before.

1 comment:

  1. Danielle Schmutz and Shauna Ross?!?! that's awesome!!! and its not sad, just reasonable. there are crazy people yelling and chanting which i can hear outside now. we had a leftover party tonight where we cooked everything thing left over in our cupboards. it was fun

    ReplyDelete